Parties with a 50’s theme are excellent choices for Rock n’ Rollers of all ages but are especially popular with teens and adults. The first thing that you must decide on is a setting for your fabulous 50’s party! We have many decorations that will help you create an atmosphere that is sure to Rock ‘n Roll! Here are three popular setting ideas and some decorations that complement each!
• A Soda Arch is the perfect way to welcome your guests to your sweet ice cream social! This one is especially perfect for a child’s party!
• Place a Giant Soda next to your food table as a larger than life taste of the 50’s.
• You can’t have a soda shop setting without the ice cream! Check out our easy to hang ice cream cones and hang them everywhere you can!
• Create pretend soda shop billboards and place your actual menu for the party on them.
• Cover a wall with our Soda Shop Mural for a perfect backdrop.
• Make mouths drool with one of these spectacular Soda Shop Centerpieces!
• Set the stage for your party with a Hopelessly Devoted Kit.
• Park some old time 1950’s Chevy’s around the parking lot for a nostalgic stroll outside!
• If you can’t find the real thing, place our large ’57 Chevy mural on a wall for the next best thing!
• Hang our Car Hop Mural on the wall for some authentic drive-in fun, or strategically place a pair of Betty Boop Car Hop Standees next to your food table for a fun conversation starter!
• A perfect centerpiece for a 1950’s style drive-in would include three of our float candles placed on a shiny metal tray along with some confetti and a bouquet of helium balloons!
“Twist and Shout!” If music is going to be center stage at your event, a Sock Hop motif is the way to decorate!
• The At The Hop Decorating Kit is the perfect place to start!
• Accent your decorations with several plastic records hanging from the ceiling and on the walls.
• Create balloon arches with white and pink Balloons. Dangle the Records from the center.
• A jukebox is a vital part of a Sock Hop. Depending on your budget, either rent a working one, or use a Jukebox Standee for a realistic looking substitute!
• Cover your walls with our sock hop patterned corrugated paper.
• Don’t shy away from the use of balloons to make a huge impact at a very low cost! Group latex balloons along with sock hop Mylar balloons for an extra snap!
• Cover your dance floor with a black and white poly vinyl for the checkerboard look that was so popular in the 50’s.
• Carry your Sock Hop theme to your tables with one of the following centerpieces: Fabulous 50’s Centerpiece, Hopelessly Devoted Centerpiece, Rock-N-Roll Centerpiece or Sock Hop Centerpiece
• Don’t forget a sprinkle or two of rock ‘n roll confetti on your table!
Setting a table with the partyware, including the tablecloth, cups, plates, napkins, and cutlery is the fastest way to create a focal point in a room. Start by setting your table with all the goodies in a Fabulous 50’s Ensemble, including setting a place setting at the table for each birthday guest. Your guests won’t miss a beat when they sit down for a bite at this table!
Add one or a few of the following touches to personalize your table:
• Scatter bubble gum across your buffet table, or place one at each place setting for an unexpected treat!
• Any of our centerpieces are a hit when placed on a pink tablecloth to complete the 50’s table! If you are artistically inclined, try drawing white poodles randomly scattered on the cloth!
• Make the atmosphere authentically 50’s by serving Coca Cola out of Rock Around The Clock Cola Glasses.
• Place a pair of Sunglasses at each table setting and tuck a pink napkin in the fold of the glasses – instant clever napkin ring!
Check out the full selection of 50’s party supplies and tell us about your Fifties decorating ideas!
Become a Shindigz Fan on Facebook for daily party ideas!