Keep the After-Prom Party Going With a Theme!
Many schools create some sort of after-prom celebration for their students. Some schools create an after-prom breakfast for their students, too. If your school’s prom has a theme, the theme for your after-prom has to be completely different. There are a wide variety of themes you could choose for your school’s after-prom party—everything from Casino Night to Mardi-Gras to Hollywood.
The Top Five After-Prom Party Themes
- Casino Night After-Prom Party Theme: This is a great way to kick back and relax after a great prom. You can set up a ton of tables and create a casino atmosphere with a wide variety of games (Texas Hold ‘Em, Blackjack, a roulette wheel, etc). You can even work favors in—personalized poker chips are a great way for guests to remember not only their prom, but also their after-prom. Also, as your guests enter their after-prom, hand out raffle tickets and create a few giveaways.
- Mardi-Gras After-Prom Party Theme: Make your guests feel like they’re on Bourbon Street in New Orleans! Use gold, green, and purple balloons in every corner and along the walls to help transform your after-prom party. Hand out green, gold, and purple beads and feathered masks as favors; you can also use the raffle ticket idea for this after-prom party. Blast jazz music and let your guests continue to dance the night away while they get a chance to experience a different culture—you can even serve Creole-based or Cajun food and let them try something new! Your guests probably haven’t had much to eat since dinner before prom, so offer jambalaya, beignets, or a variety of other foods.
- Hollywood After-Prom Party Theme: What better way to relax than with a fun movie night? Send out film roll invitations ahead of time that your guests will turn in when they enter—then, as they enter, put each guest’s name into a raffle for giveaways before the movies start. After they turn in their invitations, give each guest a bottle of water (with a personalized label), and a bag of popcorn as they enter your after-prom party. Then, after all the guests have arrived, raffle off personalized candy jars and personalized cookie tins filled with movie snacks! Finally, let your after-prom guests take pictures with Marilyn Monroe or Elvis Pressley standees—then give them Hollywood-themed picture frames when they leave!
- 1950’s Sock Hop After-Prom Party Theme: This is a great way for all your guests to get some fresh air after a stuffy indoor prom. Light up your school’s parking lot and get a few grills fired up! Blast some old 50’s rock and roll and let your guys show off their cars while all the girls gossip. Cook burgers and hot dogs to serve with chips, pretzels, and root beer floats.
- City After-Prom Party Theme: Set up little stations around your after-prom area to represent different clubs and different restaurants found throughout big cities—you could even make a few hot dog carts! Put all this against a city backdrop or wall hanging and make your after-prom guests feel as though they’ve been transported! At each different “club” station, create a different punch or juice combination for your after-prom guests to enjoy. While most clubs have matchbooks as souvenirs, give your after-prom guests personalized mint tins and personalized lollipops.
Whatever you choose for your prom, there are many themes to choose from for your after-prom—you can either make it match your prom theme or you can make it a completely different theme! Whichever way you choose to go, remember to make your after-prom a fun way for your guests to relax and unwind after prom night.