Yes, you can take Mom out to eat for Mothers Day…
Be sure to clean up afterwards too!
Bookmark these recipes for a quick, tasty and impressive lunch anytime this summer!
Today, more and more wedding showers are co-ed events that honor both the bride and the groom. Some people refer to this type of shower as a Jack & Jill Party – and it really is much more like a party than the traditional bridal shower! If you are hosting a co-ed wedding shower, the groomsmen, ushers, friends of the groom, and male family members would also be included. Gifts are still the highlight of the event, but this is also a fantastic opportunity to gather families and friends together prior to the wedding!
Once you decide on a theme, choose your invitations to compliment it and give a sneak preview to the upcoming celebration. For example, if you throwing a “Hard Hat” shower, attach a note to a small toy hammer for a clever invite. A Beach Party shower invitation could be an uninflated beach ball with the details written on it.
• If you opt for an invitation that is formally printed, a Dreaming Of Moonlight Invitation is the perfect one to send for this type of event!
• Another idea is to scan an individual picture of each of the bride and groom onto the front of a card. Connect the pictures with a faint line. On the inside of the card scan a picture of them together and say, “Let’s shower Katie and Chris with blessings as they begin their lives together!”
The decorations that you choose really depend on your own personal preference. If you have selected a theme for the party, you will want to decorate accordingly to create the atmosphere that brings the theme to life. If you decide to go without a theme, we would recommend selecting two or three colors to be your primary decorating guideline. These can be the wedding colors or just a favorite color combination that looks great in your party location. Once you have settled on the scheme, your decorating job is a whole lot easier!
• Hanging hearts are especially perfect to hang from trees if your party will mingle outdoors as well as inside.
If you want to focus on the couple, you could enlarge some photos at a copy store and hang them around the room. Choose cute photos – some romantic, some embarrassing, some baby shots, etc.
• An inexpensive way to create a beautiful and striking ambiance is with our gossamer Fabric. Simply drape the fabric over tables, tie bows on the backs of the chairs, swag it across a mantle, wrap it around pillars, and hang it from the ceiling. To add to this extraordinary look, place Twinkle Lights under the lightweight fabric for an ethereal glow.
• Never underestimate the power of decorating with Balloons as they can transform any size room into a cozy space at a very low cost. You can choose to inflate balloons with helium, but that is not your only option. In order to save money, inflate hundreds of balloons in colors to match your theme without using helium. Tie a 6-8 foot piece of curling ribbon to the end of each one. Using scotch tape, masking tape, or straight pins, hang balloons down from the ceiling so they hang at different lengths. Curl the loose end of the ribbon with scissors.
• A cute balloon that would add love into the air of your celebration is latex heart balloons. These would be especially adorable tied to the chairs of the guests of honor.
• Heart candles add drama to your table.
• A corrugated heart border looks great hung around the room as a wall border or placed around the edge of a table.
Table Decorations and Napkins:
• Heart confetti is perfect scattered across your buffet table!
• Add other personalized items such as stadium cups and imprinted glassware to each place setting to let guests know just how much you care. These items will stir fond memories of the “best bash ever” for many years to come.
• For an original touch on your party table, use a gold paint pen to draw random dots or squiggles on the handles of purple plastic cutlery. Tie the plastic flatware together with curling ribbon or gossamer streamers…big impact at a little price!
• Order personalized napkins and have them imprinted with your party slogan and design of your choice. Select a metallic or foil imprint. The napkins will serve several purposes – great decorating in disguise and a delightful memento of the party that can be saved in scrapbooks for years to come!
*Napkins can be laid out on a buffet table, or displayed at each place setting.
*Place napkins in the center of each place setting at an angle, or unfold them and place them in glassware for a tall dramatic look. *The napkins can also be tied and bundled with plastic cutlery with a multitude of items to match your theme. Try curling ribbon, gossamer streamers, or garters.
Play the newlywed game! You’ll need four couples to play this game. The men leave the room and women are asked questions. (For instance, who is his favorite sports player? Who is her favorite male movie star? What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to him/her?) Be sure to record all of their answers! The men are brought back in and asked the same questions. Then reverse the whole process and have the women leave. The couple with the most matched answers wins!
For this ring toss game, choose as many couples that want to play. One person sits in a chair and holds a wooden spoon in their mouth with the handle sticking out. The partner stands 6-8 feet away and tosses 10 large rings, one at a time, attempting to hook them on their partner’s spoon. The person with the spoon can help to catch it by maneuvering their head, but cannot get out of the chair. The couple with the most rings wins!
See how many guests know their partners with this fun game! Hang a clothesline across your room and place a couple of sheets over it. Have the men stand behind the sheets, exposing their legs and feet only. The women need to identify their partner by his legs only. They must stand in front of the legs that she believes are her partners. When the sheets are removed, the prizes go to the women that were correct. You would be surprised by how many women cannot identify their partner’s legs!
Ask trivia questions about the bride and groom throughout the party — how they first met, color of their eyes, first date, likes, dislikes, etc. Give out small prizes for correct answers, or the person with the most correct answers wins.
Take a kitchen junk drawer and ask a specific person to walk around the room with it, allowing each guest to view the contents only for a few seconds (don’t tell them why they are looking at it). Then take the drawer away, pass out paper and have each person right down all the contents that they could remember. The person with the most correct wins. Or, you can add a twist to this and have the person that has passed the drawer around leave the room with the drawer. Then ask your guests to describe the person that was holding the drawer instead of the contents. This will really throw everyone off!
Host a karaoke competition! Have each person write down two famous songs about love or marriage on a piece of paper and put in a basket. Then have each person pick a slip and sing as much of the song as he or she can remember.
Create your own “Mad Lib” story by writing a story that tells the couple’s history as well as predicts the future. Leave out all of the important information and then, before reading it, ask the bride and groom to fill in the blanks. Remember, you ask them for an action, number, or noun for each of the blanks but they don’t know the sentence. When you read the story out loud (with the blanks filled in) it is hilariously funny!
Have each couple write something significant about themselves and the bride or groom. The bride then has to read each slip of paper and guess which couple wrote it.
For this event, we recommend favors that have a special mementos touch such as our personalized favors.
• Photo albums can be given out for family and special friends to create a memory book of the couple.
• Wedding picture frames can also be used as a favor and can be personalized just for the bride and groom – and perfect to display a wedding picture in.
• Bubbles are always a fun favor for your shower guests!
Fill Wedding favor boxes with candy, nuts, or other favors. Guests will love the cute boxes and whatever treats you choose to fill them with. This is a quick way to create cost-efficient favors. Plus, they’re great for a gender-neutral favor too.